We are moving and rebuilding this website at the moment, sorry about the mess!

The Historic Village

The Historic Village

An authentic colonial village atmosphere, created with the help of a large collection of superbly restored buildings, paved streets and historic displays. It also has a handful of eclectic shops selling some of the best-priced Kiwi souvenirs around.

Opened in 1977, the Historic Village is home to a variety of community organisations and retains its historic appeal with a number of attractions and displays —including Faulkner House, built in about 1844 by one of the district’s original ship-builders and traders, John Lees Faulkner. The bedrooms are furnished to re-create the era.

17th Ave West, Tauranga, Ph: (07) 571-3700, www.villageon17.co.nz